Saturday, February 07, 2009

More random thoughts.  I promise I will get back to actually looking askance but with times as dark as they are it seems appropriate to keep it light for a while.  There is nothing lighter than "twitter."  I've signed up for this interesting web phenomenon.  For being as apparently simple as it is (essentially blogging with a limit of 140 characters) it is surprisingly powerful.  For example I'm following "KansasJayhawks."  This provides me with every little detail about K.U. athletics from dozens of sources.  Another (what to call them -- Tweeter?) I follow is "Jack_Kerouac", someone who posts (or what  Twitter calls  updates) quotations from "On The Road."  Most of those who use Twitter simply answer the question posed at the empty field -- "What are you doing?"  That seems to be the original intent of this "social networking site."  But as happens on the web, users get creative and come up with unanticipated uses for any new tool.  If you haven't signed up for "twitter" give it a try (Find it at twitter.com).  Beware, it might become another time sink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home