Friday, November 17, 2006

THE WEALTH CHASM

Again I log some startling facts from a Molly Sklar piece recently published in "The Progressive Populist"

The new Forbes 400 list of richest Americans is billionaires only. The combined wealth of this 400 is a record breaking $1,250,000,000,000 -- that's one and a quarter TRILLION bucks. That's about the same amount as the combined wealth of half -- 57 million -- the American households.

In America 400 people split $1.25 TRILLION (12 zeros).

In American 47 million people have no health insurance.

In America 37 million people have incomes below the poverty line -- $9,973.

I don't think a concluding comment is necessary

1 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger GDAEman said...

Reminds me of a blog of mine:

Wealth Gap and Guillotines

I suppose some could consider this to be threatening. I was just reporting the facts, which could serve as a warning, not a threat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home